There is a lot of negativity out there. We must learn to try to spread kindness, compassion, love, and appreciation as much as we can, in any little or big way. It doesn’t cost anything, but it is worth everything to spread kindness to yourself and others.
A little appreciation, compliment, or gesture goes a long way. How did you feel to receive kindness? How did you feel to give kindness? And don’t forget to give it towards yourself. Give yourself a little compliment and appreciation. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Forgive yourself for mistakes. You are human, remember to remind yourself of that.
Appreciate the things you have in life. We barely give appreciation of those things, and people. We put our attention on the negative. It will be nice to put your attention on the things you love. I was at a store, and realized I had access to all these things, fresh water, food etc,. It made me appreciate that I have access to things others may not have.
We won’t have everything. No one does. It is about appreciating what you have. There is something we have that others don’t, and may like in life. Focusing your attention on the positive things, and finding appreciation can do wanders for your mindset and outlook on life. We need to learn not to focus on having it all, but focus on having enough to live a fulfilling life.
Appreciate your life, and what you have in it. Be kind to yourself and others. I am sure you will feel a little more positive and upbeat doing these things.
I have been feeling down this past week, so I thought a post about embracing down times would be appropriate. I was inspired to write this, while I was feeling down. The wonderful thing about down, challenging, and tough times. It can invoke inspiration and creativity.
Today may not be a good day. You may not feel positive, happy, talkative, or in a good mood to entertain others. There will be days like that.
Life has its ups and downs. These times are the downs. It is okay to feel this way. It is life. Don’t feel guilty for being sad, or down. You don’t always have to be happy.
Just try not to let the negativity consume you. That can lead down a dangerous path. Just go with the motions, and remind yourself that things will get better. You will move past this, like the many other times. Immerse, and keep moving.
You can try to do things that bring you joy, or comfort. You can also look into the specific thing, or things that are bringing you down. Write them down. Look at the specific problem, or problems. Become aware. See if you can solve what is bothering, if there is an answer to the problem, or is there another way to look at the issue. Take a different perspective. It can help to understand, and accept what is bothering you.
Embracing sadness is healthy. The problem is when it lingers. When the negativity is persistent. Occasional sad times is perfectly normal. Life isn’t perfect, and neither are you. It is okay. There is nothing wrong with feeling down.
Life is a journey. Full of exciting experiences, struggles, and all the things in between. Gaining knowledge, perspective, and insight is another wonderful part of our journey. I think it is an important part. Learning and growing as an individual can help you know more about yourself, and the world around you. It can cultivate happiness, peace, excitement, and content.
Practicing mindfulness has helped me grow, and develop as an individual. There are many ways to help you develop as a person, and enhance your mind. Our minds are powerful tools, so we must try to utilize it as much as we can.
I have a list of a couple things that has helped me on my journey of growth, and that could be helpful to you. It may get you thinking of some ways that can help you. Maybe you have some other ways that help you. It is always important to keep growing, learning, and improving yourself.
- Learning/doing something new-This one is an obvious one. New gives us a different perspective, a fresh outlook, a start to something else, adding value to our lives. It is rejuvenating, also can be stressful for some, but once it is done, it is quite an exciting experience.
- Reading-My grammar, creativity, and knowledge of the world has been enhanced by reading. There are always new words I pick up from reading. I always feel a bit more knowledgeable reading a book.
- Find new recipes to cook-I love food, so finding different recipes to make is fun. It is also nice to look for healthier meals that benefit your body and mind.
- Going somewhere new-There is a lot out there in our world. Exploring new places is quite an experience. It is sometimes nice to get outside your bubble. Creativity, perspective, and knowledge can be enhanced from going somewhere new. You may also experience, or see something different, and novel visiting somewhere new. It is also rewarding knowing I went somewhere different, even if it scares me.
- Meditate-I learn more about myself, and how I can cope with life when I meditate. I learn patience, and how to sit still in a busy world. In the end, it brings me to a state of peace, happiness, and calm.
- Practice Mindfulness Exercises-Mindfulness helps you see the world in a different light. There is always something new when practicing mindfulness. These exercises help me gain perspective, and insight to myself, my emotions, and the world around me.
- Watch Educational/Informative Videos-I enjoy learning new things about the mind, and the world. Their is a lot of information out there. Enhance your knowledge.
- Learn a new skill-Anything new you like to learn, try it! Having many skills is a plus.
- Work on developing you skills-Working on, and improving skills you already have can be beneficial as well. There is always more to learn.
- Challenge Yourself/Getting outside comfort zone-Going to new places can be a challenge, and uncomfortable for me, so that is what I try to do to challenge myself. Whatever may be a challenge for you, try it sometime! You will feel good about yourself accomplishing it, and you will learn more about your potential, and what you can do.
- Variety puzzles/Word Searches-These can definitely improve your knowledge, vocabulary, math, logic etc.
- Journal-I learn more about myself, my journey, my improvements, and my goals through journaling.
- Working on healthy habits-This can pertain to food habits. Figuring out different ways to exercise that is right for you. You can also find healthy habits that help the environment. It is a nice feeling knowing I am doing things to improve my physical, and mental health, and also helping the environment. I have recently been trying to eat healthier, and reduce my plastic intake.
I am sure there are plenty of other things that can help you grow, but these are ones that pertain to me on my journey. Hopefully some of these can work for you, or can give you an idea of what you can do to expand your mind, and yourself.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Thanks for reading.
Try not to see everyday as just another day, but see it as another day to grow, learn, and work on your goals. Everyday should bring something new and enjoyable. Make your days something to look forward too, not something to dread.
This mentality can promote a positive, and happier state of mind. It is all about perspective, and how you take on the day. Working on your goals, learning/doing something new, and doing productive things that help you develop as a person are things that make your day a lot more exciting.