It can be easy be in a negative place in life right now. I choose to be in a more positive space. How I do this is by creating habits that help me stay in a more positive space. Negativity is all around us, but I and you should try to figure out ways to combat them by putting our energy into a more positive mindset. I like to discuss the things that keep me in a more happier and peaceful place. I think we should all create habits that help keep us in a peaceful place. There is enough negativity out there, lets bring in positive vibes and peace.
- Appreciation-I like to focus my energy on the things I appreciate in life. I have enough things in my life that I appreciate. When I think about all the good things in my life. I feel a bigger sense of happiness. When I am down, and recognize there are things to appreciate in life. It helps me out of that funk much sooner. I have really made an effort lately to focus on the good, and it has helped me in a positive way.
- Laughing-Being around people who make you laugh, joking, and having fun with others is very important for your overall happiness and well being. I enjoy having a good laugh with friends. It is important to have fun in life, and to not be too serious all the time. Have a good laugh with friends. Watching something funny. I am sure it can help you feel much better. It definitely helps me.
- Connecting-Talking with loved ones(family/friends) can be very helpful for me. I feel a sense of joy after having a good talk, discussing my life and their lives, and about things in life in general. I learn something new when I am out with friends or family. I think having good chats with my friends or family helps keep me in a better place mentally. We are social creatures. It is important for us to connect.
- Mindful time-Spending time away from distractions. Giving me space to let my thoughts free. Giving me space to be creative is important for my overall well-being and happiness. This time allows me to truly appreciate myself and the moment. It gives me the freedom to be me.
- Choosing my emotional state-I can’t control my emotions, but I can control the duration of how long the emotion effects my overall state. I get upset, angry, frustrated, annoyed, sad, but I don’t allow these emotions to consume me for a long period of time. I prefer to focus my energy on the more uplifting emotions. Happiness, joy, appreciation, excitement, tranquility, calmness. These emotions are the ones I allow to stick with me for longer periods, keeping me in a better state of mind.
- Being a plant mama-Having something to take care of brings me a sense of joy and fulfillment. I also enjoy having them around me. It makes me happy seeing all the plants thriving under my care, okay not all thrive, but majority of them. The fact that I have improved by a lot makes me proud. And I enjoy staring at them every once in awhile. It brings me peace.
- Focusing on what I can control-Doing this really helps me a lot. I try to put my energy on the things I can control, because if I focus on the things I can’t, it tends to lead to frustration, anger and misery. There is nothing I can do about every situation. No reason to put myself in a negative space when I don’t have to. I find peace putting my energy on the things I can do.
- Doing things I enjoy-Going out for walks, connecting with friends, eating out, going to the beach, doing yoga, reading, having a picnic. These are some of the things I love to do, so I make an effort to do these things when I can. Doing these things puts a big smile on my face, which makes life much more enjoyable and fun.
All of these habits make my life better, so I try to implement them in my life as much as possible. I think it is important to create habits that can help you live the best life you can live. Life is too short to be miserable, especially when you have plenty of things to be grateful for.