A calm mind, peace of mind, and contentment are state of minds that we should all try to achieve. Life is a roller coaster, so we have to find ways to combat the many challenges it can bring. I just like to list some of the things one can do to maintain a calm mind in this unpredictable world we live in. It always good to take some time to try some of these things.
- Listen to soothing music
- Be productive
- Take a walk outside
- Focus on self
- Stay of/Limit SNS
- Allow thoughts to flow
Mindfulness can teach us how to deal with life struggles, difficult emotions, and difficult situations. It can teach us how to experience life more. We can learn how to build relationships in a healthy manner.
It all stems from the awareness, understanding, and acceptance of our own thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviors, and reactions. The ability to do this can help us become more aware of our surroundings and experiences.
The ability to be self-aware can cultivate better relationships, less arguments, less frustrations, less tension, and an overall more positive experience in life in general. This in all will create a calmer mindset in the midst of the storms life can bring.
I bought these wonderful books awhile ago, and they have been helpful in keeping me on a mindful track, and putting things in perspective. I thought I mention these books, because they can be quite helpful. You can find them on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Google Play.
Here are a couple of things to relax you mind, and body before you go to sleep. It is always good to go to bed with a peace of mind. Wind down your day with a bit of mindfulness.
- Take a bath
- Read a Book
- Listen to soothing music-Nature sounds,instrumental music,sounds of water, beach sounds.
- Reflect on the day you had, and what you can learn.
- Let your mind flow, try not to let any thoughts linger-positive or negative- just let things go.
- Self-reflection/Journal writing.
- Stay away from electronic devices-at least an hour before bed.
- Your night ritual should be about calming and relaxing the mind.
- Try not to worry about things going on tomorrow.
- Try not to linger on feelings of regret, guilt, or sadness on things that conspired today.