- Sit with the emotions.
- Do not fight, or push them away:
-It permeates negativity, negative self-talk.
- Ruminate over the thoughts and emotions one is feeling during your episode.
- Gain knowledge of the triggers, and the causes of your anxiety/depression.
- Accept the feelings for what it is:
-it sucks, but part of life, and who you are.
-Try not to ask why questions-why me? Why can’t this go away?
-It solves nothing, and promotes negativity.
-Your life does not suck, because of this disorder.
-You are not awful, because of this disorder.
- Remember that the emotions/feelings will fade.
- Emotions come in waves/they are not stagnant.
- There will be sunshine again.
- And it will pour again, but that is okay.
- Accept that anxiety and depression are part of who you are.
- Accept that it will never go away.
- Accept that anxiety/depression episodes are out of your control.
- But remember, You can gain power back by accepting it in your life, and learning how to cope with the symptoms better.
- Knowledge is power-learn triggers, causes, and how you can handle episodes better.
- Self-Awareness is power-Focus the energy on oneself. Do not put blame outward. You can’t control outside forces, but you can control your thoughts, and how you handle things from within.
- And always remember that it is okay to have anxiety or depression.
-You are not wrong.
-You are not awful.
-You are not weird.
- Acceptance is vital-Acceptance of oneself, of reality, of your disorder cultivates inner peace, happiness, and relief.